[linux-dvb] Re: Status of HDTV5 lite?

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Mon Oct 3 22:00:17 CEST 2005

Luis Ochoa wrote:
> Thanks! Whoa then...you just got yourself a bunch of questions here.
> Yeah, I'll take my 3/8" drill bit to that plate, don't worry about that :-D

> So, and sorry for not being too specific in terms (although I'm not
> new to Linux, I'm new to v4l/dvb in Linux), when I install the
> drivers, the OS will see 2 actual capture devices??? one for the
> digital side (ATSC/QAM) and one for the S-Video/Composite analog part?
> What about analog signal on the coax (analog cable or analog antenna).

... and some others ... that is the analog stuff

that is the digital stuff

This is an incomplete answer... go take a look at the wiki's (both v4l
wiki and dvb wiki) on linuxtv.org ... That will provide the information
that you're looking for.

> Funny you mention the ATI AIW, I have an ATI TV Wonder Elite (Theatre
> 550 Pro, I know different than yours) but I haven't found Linux
> support for it yet...you know of any?

Take a look at the GATOS project.  It's currently hosted on
sourceforge... Google knows where it is :-)

> Thanks for your help!

My pleasure...

Mike Krufky