[linux-dvb] Something wrong with firmware for Freecom DVB-t USB Stick?

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Oct 5 16:10:31 CEST 2005

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> I've found some weirdness with the firmware used for the Freecom DVB-t
> USB Stick device.
>
> Using the dvb-usb-dtt200u-01.fw firmware file (yes, I've checked the
> md5sums according to earlier messages) I get no success tuning and it
> causes my machine (nforce2-based Athlon) to do a full hardware lockup
> about 30 seconds after I stop attempting to tune the device.

How did you managed to make the driver load dvb-usb-dtt200u-01.fw as a
firmware for the Stick (WT-220U)? It should look for a file called
dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw.

Please use the one from the linuxtv.org
(http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw) without
renaming anything and it should work.