[linux-dvb] Terratec CI support

Christian Stangier chris at phpwarrior.de
Mon Oct 10 15:06:17 CEST 2005

Status quo: Linux kernel patched with DVB-2.6.13.patch

I just noticed that I was posting an old log (although not that much has changed):

Linux video capture interface; v1.00
saa7146: register extension 'budget_av'
PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:0b.0 (0004 -> 0006)
saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem f08f0000 (revision 1, irq 5) (0x153b, 0x1156)
DVB: registering new adapter (Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C)
adapter failed MAC signature check
encoded MAC from EEPROM was ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
budget-av_ ci interface initialised
KNC1-0: MAC addr = 00:0a:ac:01:e0:fc
budget-av: cam inserted
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Philips TDA10021 DVB-C)...
dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully

That is very strange to me: Everything seems to be running fine but nothing is working...

For example when I try to do a scan: >scan dvb-c/de-BC > channels.conf.new
It tells me 'using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
But when tuning to the first transponder I get this message
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0011
	 filter timeout pid 0x0000
repeated for every transponder.
But this only happens when the cam's plugged in. If there's no cam everything is working and the
channels are listed.

The same thing in vdr:
When there's no cam attached I can tune to every (non encrypted) channel. But once it is plugged in
I can only see the 'NO SIGNAL' image.