[linux-dvb] Partially resolved HDTV5 lite and Twinhan DST together + dst module question

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:09:14 CEST 2005

GFarris wrote:

> That didn't lock up, so yes, the order does matter.
> However, the analog still doesn't work.
>
> Just a thought--  perhaps the HDTV5 lite needs to be bttv0 for the
> analog to work since /dev/video0 and /dev/vbi0 is assigned to the lite
> even when it's the 2nd card, since the DST has no analog.

I don't know about this aspect that the HDTV5 needs to be bttv0 to work.
Mike can comment on this better.

> Next I tried swapping the pci cards back where they were originally,
> but now I get a lockup no matter which card is specified first in the
> bttv line.  I also tried specifying only one card at a time, but it
> still locks up when the DST is the 2nd pci card.

If it is the 2nd card, you need to change the order in which card= option.

> It looks like the DST card has to be resolved before the lite card or
> there is a lockup.

The only concern with the DST is that it uses Hardware I2C. This has to
be specified as a module parameter to bttv , else probably a lockup
would happen. For bttv when card=0xYY is specified, the expected
behaviour should be that only the card should be initialized. Maybe you
can check whether that behaviour still remains the same.

Manu