[linux-dvb] Writing custom network DVB driver

Luc Gallant lucgallant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 15:31:22 CEST 2005

> Doesn't the VLC application already do this ? Or do you plan to split
> the parser part out in userland such that all applications can use that
> code ?

Yes, VLC will take that stream and display it on screen, but I can't
say, use this inside mythtv. I want to create a ficticious driver
(device) that applications such as mythtv can use. In mythtv there is
an option to use a "DVB Capture card", and so that is the card I want
to be able to select, which would bring in the stream from the
network.

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.

Luc Gallant