[linux-dvb] How to descramble?

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Sat Oct 15 09:28:44 CEST 2005

Andreas Oberritter <obi at linuxtv.org> writes:
> This is wrong, because different ES PIDs can use different ECM PIDs.
> Moving the CA descriptors to the program level destroys their
> association to an ES PID.

Ideally, ca_zap should check that all CA descriptors at stream level
before moving *one* of them at program level.

I guess that if the CA descriptors are not identical, ca_zap will have
to send an error message to the user politely suggesting to buy
another card (not a Twinhan OEM for that matter)

Once this is done, you still have the reliability problem of the
twinhan MCU.

HTH