[linux-dvb] Wiki: Anti Spam Measures

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Mon Oct 24 00:24:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

a few days ago the DVB Wiki suffered another spam bot attack. Not as
bad as last time, but still...

As there were no relevant edits after the spamming (just a
heroic attempt to revert all spamming manually) I decided to
restored the Wiki database from a backup.

I also now enabled the MediaWiki edit rate limiter, although
it is marked experimental. With the current settings, if you
try to do more than four edits per minute you'll get an error
page telling you to "wait a moment". You'll then have
to wait a minute before retrying, otherwise the error will
persist.

Tell me if this causes any problems.

Johannes