[linux-dvb] Re: nxt200x on AVerTVHD a180

CityK CityK at rogers.com
Thu Oct 27 07:30:47 CEST 2005

Michael Krufky wrote:

> I am still not convinced that this card has analog support.  No matter
> what tuner I try, all I get is horizontal lines.  This doesnt surprise
> me at all, because many people have reported that this card has no
> analog capabilities. There have been conflicting reports from what
> I've read online.   After some more tuner-hacking, hopefully I'll find
> the truth.   After I get all the rest of this stuff done, I'll mess
> with tuner-simple and see if I can squeeze analog video out of it.

I would agree Michael that the A180 is lacking analog capability.  As I
mentioned on the dvb list, regarding the Nxt2004, the inclusion of an
analog demodulator would be needed.  As for the A180, I eventually came
to the conclusion that it was a 50-50 bet whether the Alps tuner
contained one (I outlined part of my reasoning here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=d651da335457789e703db810352f44d4&p=6244667&&#post6244667
).  Given your experiences so far, either the analog demod is not yet
been exposed or there simply is none.  I'm now betting on it having been
excluded.