[linux-dvb] Artec T1 tuning problem (was: Artec T1 USB2 DVB)

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Fri Oct 28 11:36:55 CEST 2005


Hi,

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 12:43:43AM +0200, Holger Nelson wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>>
>>> I have the USB2.0 (with FX2) here. And indeed it has the dib3000mb onboard and
>>> a Panasonic tuner.
>>>
>>> I was not able to get it running, something seems to be wrong with the
>>> tuner-programming. Unfortunately I don't have time to investigate this issue.
>>
>> I had some problems tuning with some newer kernels and CVS and my Artec
>> T1. So I searched for the last working version (2005/04/17 btw.) and
>> compared the pll-data. It works for me with following patch.
>
> Can you comment on this?

Can you please point me to the log-entry in the CVS? I didn't find the 
date/revision when I made the change.

Anyway, I applied the change to current dvb-pll.c and tried it with the 
USB2.0 box from Artec I have here and it works, too. Which is good.

There are some more devices using this panasonic tuner together with 
dib3000mb (KWorld, ADSTech USB2 devices with DiB3000MB), I'm not sure if 
this change creates a problem for them. It should not :).

I think there has been a reverse-engineering-log I used to get the correct 
programming... I don't know for sure.

I will write another mail to the list to ask owners of the Kworld/Adstec 
board to test a patch for dvb-pll.c

regards,
Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de
   WWW:  http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/



More information about the linux-dvb mailing list