[linux-dvb] Budget_ci driver not driving my Nova-T v909 remote!

Stephen Kirkby mail at stephenkirkby.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 13:16:34 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I been having some real problems getting my remote to play with the
input event layer in linux.  I have a Hauppauge Nova-T version 909 (the
older version with the philips saa7146 and tda1004x chipset - picture at
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Image:Hauppauge_nova-t_old.jpg).

Shouldn't the budget_ci driver support the remote control for my card?

When I cat /proc/bus/input/devices, it tells me that it is assigned to
event2.  But if i press buttons on the remote while cat'ing
/dev/input/event2, i get nothing.  I've checked, and the evdev module is
definately loaded.

Please help, no-one else seems to know anything about this!

Thanks in advance

Steve