[linux-dvb] Twinhan Alpha driver problem - kernel 2.6.13

vdr vdr at linux-studio.com
Wed Sep 7 01:15:37 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I am using kernel 2.6.13 vanilla (latest stable from kernel.org) with 1x
Hauppauge Nova CI DVB-S, 1x Avermedia 761 DVB-T and 2x
TwinHan Aplha USB DVB-T sticks.

The device drivers load fine, all frontends register. As soon as an
application (eg. tzap and/or VDR) is started, the machine
stops responding. Only a powercycle fixes it. I have logging enabled for
the dvb-usb driver but can find no syslog entries for
This problem also occured with patched with the dvb patch.

Note that using only one Twinhan together with the other 2 DVB cards
works fine.

Note the TwinHan sticks were tried both on one USB and on
seperate USB hubs with the same result. I remember someone talking about
excessiver power requirements (eg. more than the USB spec) for these USB

Any suggestions ?