[linux-dvb] ca_zap with word wrap .. sry for previous post

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:52:27 CEST 2005

savoury.snax wrote:

> Woops.. heres a better wrapped version
>of the previous mail, sorry about that.
>
>Hi,
>
>I have a Twinhan Ter-CI card plus a top up tv
>cam and an activated card. I have read the
>mailing lists and this has enabled me to get
>as far as being able to recieve and view all
>FTA channels (after upgrading to kernel 2.6.13
>+ dvb patches + additionally modifying DTT-CI
>to use NEWTUNER + HAS_CA).

I had this one fixed in latest CVS .. It should detect the card by
itself. If you could test it from the CVS that would be nice.

>Im currently investigating ca_zap. Initially
>without much success until i read the post
>about it using the last channel information
>in the channels.conf and not the requested one.
>Now I have got it to the point where it seg
>faults, so i have done a  brief investigation
>with gdb and can provide the following info :

ca_zap will need a few fixes to run properly.

>Out of interest is there a list of tags
>anywhere (I`m new to DVB stuff so I'm probably
>searching in the wrong places for the info i
>want at the moment).

You should be looking at ISO 13818-1, and EN300468 as well as EN50221
for the tags and their description how messages are exchanged.

Manu