[linux-dvb] Twinhan DTV Cab-CI support? SUCCESS!!

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 10:55:15 CEST 2005


Per Dalén wrote:

>Manu Abraham wrote:
>  
>
>>Per Dalén wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Manu Abraham wrote:
>>> 
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>get latest dvb-kernel CVS, compile with 2.6.13,
>>>>do a modprobe dst verbose=5
>>>>
>>>>or get 2.6.14-rc1 or newer
>>>>compile and install it,
>>>>do a modprobe dst verbose=5
>>>>
>>>>and please do send in the logs
>>>>
>>>>Manu
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>  
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>Ok, thanks for looking into my problems, Manu.
>>>
>>>I did some test with 2.6.14-rc1 (no patches and no dvb from cvs).
>>>I got the same (bad) results (as far as I understand) as with my earlier
>>>tests. I have described below how I tested and the dmesg from my tests.
>>>Have I forgotten anything? Do You miss any important log or trace from
>>>me?
>>>
>>># modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
>>># modprobe dst verbose=5
>>># modprobe dvb-bt8xx
>>>
>>>dmesg:
>>>------------------------------------
>>>...
>>>Linux video capture interface: v1.00
>>>bttv: driver version 0.9.16 loaded
>>>bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
>>>bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
>>>ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:06.0[A] -> Link [LNKC] -> GSI 11 (level,
>>>low) -> IRQ 11
>>>bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:00:06.0, irq: 11, latency: 32, mmio:
>>>0xef000000
>>>bttv0: detected: Twinhan VisionPlus DVB [card=113], PCI subsystem ID is
>>>1822:0001
>>>bttv0: using: Twinhan DST + clones [card=113,insmod option]
>>>bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=00fb00fd [init]
>>>bttv0: using tuner=4
>>>bttv0: add subdevice "dvb0"
>>>bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded
>>>bt878: Bt878 AUDIO function found (0).
>>>ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:06.1[A] -> Link [LNKC] -> GSI 11 (level,
>>>low) -> IRQ 11
>>>bt878(0): Bt878 (rev 17) at 00:06.1, irq: 11, latency: 32, memory:
>>>0xee800000
>>>DVB: registering new adapter (bttv0).
>>>rdc_8820_reset: Resetting DST
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0000]
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0004]
>>>dst_comm_init: Initializing DST.
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>>>rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
>>>writing [ 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 fa ]
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>read_dst: reply is 0xff
>>>dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 1
>>>read_dst: reply is 0x0
>>>0x44 0x43 0x54 0x2d 0x43 0x49 0x6c
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>dst_get_device_id: Recognise [DCT-CI]
>>>
>>> 
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>dst_type_print: DST type: cable
>>>DST type flags : 0x1 newtuner 0x2 ts204 0x8 firmware version = 1 0x10
>>>firmware version = 2
>>>dst_comm_init: Initializing DST.
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>>>rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
>>>writing [ 00 0a 00 00 00 00 00 f6 ]
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>read_dst: reply is 0xff
>>>dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 0
>>>read_dst: reply is 0x0
>>>0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
>>>dst_get_mac: MAC Address=[00:00:00:00:00:00]
>>>dst_ca_attach: registering DST-CA device
>>>DVB: registering frontend 0 (DST DVB-C)...
>>>------------------------------------
>>>
>>>I use the channel DisMix besauce it is not a scrambled channel.
>>>
>>># ./dvb-apps/util/szap/czap -c mychannels.conf -n 7 -r
>>>using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
>>>reading channels from file 'mychannels.conf'
>>> 7 DisMix:322000000:INVERSION_AUTO:6875000:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:4100:4356:1016
>>> 7 DisMix: f 322000000, s 6875000, i 2, fec 0, qam 3, v 0x1004, a 0x1104
>>>status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0000 | ber 00000004 | unc 00000000 |
>>>status 1f | signal 8000 | snr 1400 | ber 00000004 | unc 00000000 |
>>>FE_HAS_LOCK
>>>status 1f | signal 8000 | snr 1400 | ber 00000004 | unc 00000000 |
>>>FE_HAS_LOCK
>>>status 1f | signal 8000 | snr 1400 | ber 00000004 | unc 00000000 |
>>>FE_HAS_LOCK
>>>
>>>
>>>dmesg:
>>>------------------------------------
>>>...
>>>DVB: registering frontend 0 (DST DVB-C)...
>>>rdc_8820_reset: Resetting DST
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0000]
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0004]
>>>dst_comm_init: Initializing DST.
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>>>rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
>>>writing [ 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 fa ]
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>read_dst: reply is 0xff
>>>dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 1
>>>read_dst: reply is 0x0
>>>0x44 0x43 0x54 0x2d 0x43 0x49 0x6c
>>>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>dst_get_device_id: Recognise [DCT-CI]
>>>
>>> 
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>Please check whether your card is a VP-2021 or VP-2031
>>    
>>
>
>My card is a VP-2031, at least I think so. It has a text at the back of
>the card that says "VP20310 V4.0".
>
>I took 2 pictures of my card:
>http://gd-willy.kicks-ass.org/per/dvb-tests/back.jpg
>http://gd-willy.kicks-ass.org/per/dvb-tests/front.jpg
>
>  
>

Indeed, it is the new VP20310 aka, VP-2031. I have the VP-2031 with me 
but too many a things got me swamped out.


>writing [ 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 fb ]
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>read_dst: reply is 0xff
>dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 1
>read_dst: read_dst error (err == -5, len == 0x08, b0 == 0x00)
>dst_error_recovery: Trying to return from previous errors.
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>read_dst: read_dst error (err == -5, len == 0x08, b0 == 0x00)
>dst_error_recovery: Trying to return from previous errors.
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>read_dst: RDC 8820 RESET
>  
>

It would be a bit interesting if you can trace out a bit as to when and 
why these errors occur.
whether it is something due to bad signal or something like that.

>dst_error_bailout: Trying to bailout from previous error.
>rdc_8820_reset: Resetting DST
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0000]
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0004]
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>dst_command: Trying to recover..
>dst_error_recovery: Trying to return from previous errors.
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>------------------------------------
>
># cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > test04.mpeg
>
>SUCCESSS!!
>The file test04.mpeg works and can be found here:
>http://gd-willy.kicks-ass.org/per/dvb-tests/
>
>  
>

Glad to know that you made it, that needs a bit more work officially to 
go in just like the VP-3040, since it can have either of the 2 tuners.
It's a big pain, when you have combinations over combinations

>Thank you very much Manu for taking time to help me.
>
>  
>

Njoy !

Manu




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list