[linux-dvb] Twinhan DTV Cab-CI support? SUCCESS!!

Per Dalén perda at oden.cnwab.se
Wed Sep 21 14:55:48 CEST 2005


Manu Abraham wrote:
> Per Dalén wrote:
> 
>> Manu Abraham wrote:
>>  
>>
>>> Per Dalén wrote:
>>>
>>>   
>>>
>>>> Manu Abraham wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>>
>>>>> get latest dvb-kernel CVS, compile with 2.6.13,
>>>>> do a modprobe dst verbose=5
>>>>>
>>>>> or get 2.6.14-rc1 or newer
>>>>> compile and install it,
>>>>> do a modprobe dst verbose=5
>>>>>
>>>>> and please do send in the logs
>>>>>
>>>>> Manu
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>  
>>>>>       
>>>>
>>>> Ok, thanks for looking into my problems, Manu.
>>>>
>>>> I did some test with 2.6.14-rc1 (no patches and no dvb from cvs).
>>>> I got the same (bad) results (as far as I understand) as with my
>>>> earlier
>>>> tests. I have described below how I tested and the dmesg from my tests.
>>>> Have I forgotten anything? Do You miss any important log or trace from
>>>> me?
>>>>
>>>> # modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
>>>> # modprobe dst verbose=5
>>>> # modprobe dvb-bt8xx
>>>>
>>>> dmesg:
>>>> ------------------------------------
>>>> ...
>>>> Linux video capture interface: v1.00
>>>> bttv: driver version 0.9.16 loaded
>>>> bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
>>>> bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
>>>> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:06.0[A] -> Link [LNKC] -> GSI 11 (level,
>>>> low) -> IRQ 11
>>>> bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:00:06.0, irq: 11, latency: 32, mmio:
>>>> 0xef000000
>>>> bttv0: detected: Twinhan VisionPlus DVB [card=113], PCI subsystem ID is
>>>> 1822:0001
>>>> bttv0: using: Twinhan DST + clones [card=113,insmod option]
>>>> bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=00fb00fd [init]
>>>> bttv0: using tuner=4
>>>> bttv0: add subdevice "dvb0"
>>>> bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded
>>>> bt878: Bt878 AUDIO function found (0).
>>>> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:06.1[A] -> Link [LNKC] -> GSI 11 (level,
>>>> low) -> IRQ 11
>>>> bt878(0): Bt878 (rev 17) at 00:06.1, irq: 11, latency: 32, memory:
>>>> 0xee800000
>>>> DVB: registering new adapter (bttv0).
>>>> rdc_8820_reset: Resetting DST
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0004]
>>>> dst_comm_init: Initializing DST.
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
>>>> writing [ 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 fa ]
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> read_dst: reply is 0xff
>>>> dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 1
>>>> read_dst: reply is 0x0
>>>> 0x44 0x43 0x54 0x2d 0x43 0x49 0x6c
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> dst_get_device_id: Recognise [DCT-CI]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>> dst_type_print: DST type: cable
>>>> DST type flags : 0x1 newtuner 0x2 ts204 0x8 firmware version = 1 0x10
>>>> firmware version = 2
>>>> dst_comm_init: Initializing DST.
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
>>>> writing [ 00 0a 00 00 00 00 00 f6 ]
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> read_dst: reply is 0xff
>>>> dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 0
>>>> read_dst: reply is 0x0
>>>> 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
>>>> dst_get_mac: MAC Address=[00:00:00:00:00:00]
>>>> dst_ca_attach: registering DST-CA device
>>>> DVB: registering frontend 0 (DST DVB-C)...
>>>> ------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> I use the channel DisMix besauce it is not a scrambled channel.
>>>>
>>>> # ./dvb-apps/util/szap/czap -c mychannels.conf -n 7 -r
>>>> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
>>>> reading channels from file 'mychannels.conf'
>>>> 7
>>>> DisMix:322000000:INVERSION_AUTO:6875000:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:4100:4356:1016
>>>> 7 DisMix: f 322000000, s 6875000, i 2, fec 0, qam 3, v 0x1004, a 0x1104
>>>> status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0000 | ber 00000004 | unc 00000000 |
>>>> status 1f | signal 8000 | snr 1400 | ber 00000004 | unc 00000000 |
>>>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>>>> status 1f | signal 8000 | snr 1400 | ber 00000004 | unc 00000000 |
>>>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>>>> status 1f | signal 8000 | snr 1400 | ber 00000004 | unc 00000000 |
>>>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> dmesg:
>>>> ------------------------------------
>>>> ...
>>>> DVB: registering frontend 0 (DST DVB-C)...
>>>> rdc_8820_reset: Resetting DST
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0004]
>>>> dst_comm_init: Initializing DST.
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
>>>> writing [ 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 fa ]
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> read_dst: reply is 0xff
>>>> dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 1
>>>> read_dst: reply is 0x0
>>>> 0x44 0x43 0x54 0x2d 0x43 0x49 0x6c
>>>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>>>> dst_get_device_id: Recognise [DCT-CI]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>
>>> Please check whether your card is a VP-2021 or VP-2031
>>>   
>>
>>
>> My card is a VP-2031, at least I think so. It has a text at the back of
>> the card that says "VP20310 V4.0".
>>
>> I took 2 pictures of my card:
>> http://gd-willy.kicks-ass.org/per/dvb-tests/back.jpg
>> http://gd-willy.kicks-ass.org/per/dvb-tests/front.jpg
>>
>>  
>>
> 
> Indeed, it is the new VP20310 aka, VP-2031. I have the VP-2031 with me
> but too many a things got me swamped out.
> 

Yes, I will look if I can see a pattern when it happens.
I did also run a new dvbscan with your fix and it got a lot better. With
the earlier dst driver it only got the id sometimes and it got a lot of
timeouts. It also worked to scan for channels with MytTV now.

> 
>> writing [ 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 fb ]
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>> read_dst: reply is 0xff
>> dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 1
>> read_dst: read_dst error (err == -5, len == 0x08, b0 == 0x00)
>> dst_error_recovery: Trying to return from previous errors.
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>> read_dst: read_dst error (err == -5, len == 0x08, b0 == 0x00)
>> dst_error_recovery: Trying to return from previous errors.
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>> read_dst: RDC 8820 RESET
>>  
>>
> 
> It would be a bit interesting if you can trace out a bit as to when and
> why these errors occur.
> whether it is something due to bad signal or something like that.
> 
>> dst_error_bailout: Trying to bailout from previous error.
>> rdc_8820_reset: Resetting DST
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0000]
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0004], enbb=[0004], outhigh=[0004]
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>> dst_command: Trying to recover..
>> dst_error_recovery: Trying to return from previous errors.
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
>> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> # cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > test04.mpeg
>>
>> SUCCESSS!!
>> The file test04.mpeg works and can be found here:
>> http://gd-willy.kicks-ass.org/per/dvb-tests/
>>
>>  
>>
> 
> Glad to know that you made it, that needs a bit more work officially to
> go in just like the VP-3040, since it can have either of the 2 tuners.
> It's a big pain, when you have combinations over combinations

I understand your problem. Is there som register or something else that
one can use to get mor information what kind/revision/type of card it
is? I will try to help you if you wants to tests/logging/traces on my card.

> 
>> Thank you very much Manu for taking time to help me.
>>
>>  
>>
> 
> Njoy !
> 
> Manu

Regards
Per

> 




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list