[linux-dvb] DSMCC Decoder

Marek Pikarski mass at fischlustig.de
Fri Sep 23 02:18:57 CEST 2005

Anderson Goulart wrote:
> Hello,
> I am interested in build a dsmcc decoder beginning from libdsmcc. First
> I created an object carousel with dsmcc-mhp-tools [1] and using libdsmcc
> [2] I could process some sections. Until now I could decode simple DSMCC
> TS files with a few files encoded. Anyone is interested in a dsmcc
> decoder to work together or has any documentation to help me?

I think some people will be happy to have a DSMCC client reference
implementation, thats sure :)
Where do you want to start a project for that?

You can find some documentation inside the MHP specification which you
can download from
Look into Annex B, there's nearly all required information about
Object Carousels and references to other documents.

> [1] http://freshmeat.net/projects/dsmcc-mhp-tools/

This is the encoder I wrote for MHP application broadcast.
The generator is not very configurable, but just good enough to start
with and good for testing ;)

> [2] http://freshmeat.net/projects/libdsmcc/

This URL is broken... I don't know how suitable it is for your
project, I don't know what functionality (TS and message parsing
would be sufficient) it does provide though.

I can help you with your project but have little time right now.
Cheers, Marek