[linux-dvb] FIX: No recovery after lost lock

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Fri Sep 23 06:04:43 CEST 2005

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Imho the 'enhanced' code looks broken:
>
> cvs annotate blames this to Andrew, maybe he can enlighten us?
> Otherwise, if it is obviously broken we should just remove it.

Yep, the fine-tuning code was introduced in Rev 1.31:
| Revision 1.31 - (view) (download) (as text) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
| Mon Feb 23 23:20:29 2004 UTC (18 months, 4 weeks ago) by quincy
|
| Fixes to sort out tuning at low symbol rates

Hm, I turned-on the fine-tuning code for my BSRU6 tuner and did some
tests.

Imho this code can be fixed by moving
	state->tuner_frequency = p->frequency;
into the else clauses. tuner_frequency must not be set for fine-tuning.

Anyway, recovery seems to be faster without fine-tuning, at least with
my Nexus, higher symbol rates and a good signal...

Oliver