[linux-dvb] SAA7146 short delay flag and budget cards

hunold at linuxtv.org hunold at linuxtv.org
Mon Sep 26 14:51:58 CEST 2005

Hello Johannes,

Johannes Stezenbach writes:
> hunold at linuxtv.org wrote:
>> This does not work with DVB cards because i2c interrupts seem to screw up
>> GPIO and/or DEBI interrupts, I don't remember which exactly.
>
> Hm. You mean a hw bug, or some yet-to-be-fixed sw bug?

Please try it out. Set .flags = SAA7146_USE_I2C_IRQ in av7110.c around line
2910.

The last time I tried I got spurious DEBI and/or GPIO interrupts together
with the i2c interrupts, which screwed up the communication with the ARM.

Perhaps this is not true anymore.

> Nah, SAA7146_I2C_SHORT_DELAY will override short_delay for short
> messages (long msgs will always be transferred with short_delay=1).

Ah, sorry, of course you're right.

> Thanks,
> Johannes

CU