[linux-dvb] Problem compiling DVB-Kernel for 2.6.9 Kernel

Mcleish, Marlan W marlan.w.mcleish at intel.com
Wed Sep 28 10:17:22 CEST 2005

Ok, I have managed to compile the drivers, however this involved me having to copy over video_buf.h from 2.6.13 kernel to 2.6.9 kernel and copying over video_buf.c to the DVB-kernel directory, then altering the CinergyT2.c file in DVB-kernel to get it to compile correctly, altering the dvb-kernel make file to point to the 2.6.9 kernel source as I have to pre-built the images before I can place them on the PXA development board as it has no means of compiling its own code. Now my issue is that it wont insert the modules into the kernel on the pxa device, giving me an unknown symbol error every time I try. Is there any feedback I could get to aid me in this as its making some progress now.

Kind Regards

Marlan McLeish
Platform Engineer
intelâ Corporation (UK) Ltd