[linux-dvb] Yakumo QuickStick frontend tuning problem

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Sep 28 10:23:04 CEST 2005

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Frank Breitling wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to get a Yakumo QuickStick DVB-T (USB 2.0) running
> with kernel 2.6.13.2. First I plugged in the stick and as the syslog
> shows (attached below) the stick is recognized although "recv bulk
> message failed: -110". Then I tried:
> host:~$ dvbtune -f 1770000

Are you really sure about 177 MHz and not 177.5 MHz?

But when I tested the stick remotely (I don't own the stick) I also had
problems to tune to VHF frequencies.

If possible, can you please try the stick with the same frequency in
Windows?

> So there seems to be a tuning problem related to the frontend. As stated
> at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#WideView.2FYakumo.2FHama.2FTyphoon.2FYuan_Boxes_and_Pens
> the correct frontend should be "Zarlink MT352" which I compiled as
> module into the kernel.

You don't need to. The device indeed contains the MT352, but the
programming is not done at driver level, but inside the firmware (also
stated on the wiki page).

> However lsmod (attached below) shows that the mt352 module is not loaded
> automatically when the stick was plugged in.

When you compile the module into your kernel, then it won't be listed when
calling lsmod.

> Sep 24 21:50:52 neo vmunix: dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110

I think this is the first remote-control-poll, which fails, don't worry.

regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de