[linux-dvb] Re: Artec DVB T1 cold start problem

Damiano ALBANI damianoalbani at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 30 20:31:38 CEST 2005

--- Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher at desy.de>
wrote :

> This driver is very old and you are using a "new"
> device. If possible go
> to 2.6.13 and try the HOWTO again.

I'd prefer stay on 2.6.10 for the moment, as it is the
"production stable" kernel shipped with Ubuntu.

> You can use dvb-kernel from 30 May 2005. It should
> work with your kernel
> and your card (after uncommenting
> dibusb-mb.c).

I pulled the code from CVS, compiled it (no problem)
but the problems are still there : after getting the
firmware to load (still with much difficulty), I can't
use the DVB adapter because its status constantly
switches between 00 and 04 (with tzap in my case).

By the way, I thought that it would be easier if the
"faulty device" mode could be enabled at run-time,
instead of compile-time, with a module option.
Then I could try a live CD with 2.6.13 without having
to recompile the kernel for example.

Damiano ALBANI