[linux-dvb] DVICO 5 USB loses FE_LOCK

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Tue Apr 4 21:03:34 CEST 2006

David Shay wrote:
> I have a DVICO5 Fusion USB gold box and have gotten it up and running
> OK.  I am running 2.6.16 and using the drivers provided in the
> kernel.  Sometimes, however, if I run azap on a channel, it gets
> FE_LOCK, all is fine, then I ctrl-C to stop azap.  If I run azap
> again, I will not get FE_LOCK.  If I rmmod dvb_usb_cxusb and then
> modprobe it again, it repairs the symptom.  I am not getting any
> errors in dmesg.
>
> This has happened on two separate systems, as well.  Both gentoo, both
> 2.6.16.  One's a pentium-4 and the other an epia.
>
> Any other debugging or other information I can provide?
David-

Thank you for writing about this.  I added support for the DViCO
Bluebird devices, and I am also experiencing the same issue when using
the driver under 2.6.16 ...  The device is able to recover when you
remove and re-insert the module, or if you disconnect and reconnect the
device, but that isn't practical, considering that you are probably
relying on the box to work in order to record HD programs.

I have spoken to Patrick about this, and he tells me that the same bug
exists in other dvb-usb devices, and also flexcop-usb boxes.  I don't
have a flexcop-usb device to test with, but I do have some ideas as to
how to prevent this from happening on the FusionHDTV boxes.

I hope to have some time within the next two weeks to work on
alleviating this issue.  The past few weeks have been quite busy for me,
but I will keep your email address handy and I'll let you know when I
have a fix that you can test.

In the meantime, some good news:  The remote control is working for this
box, and support has been added to 2.6.17-rc1 ...  You can update your
driver by following the instructions here:

http://linuxtv.org/repo

Thanks again for reporting the bug -- it is a known issue, and it helps
to hear someone else (besides me) complain about it.  I'll let you know
as soon as I am able to chase this down.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky