[linux-dvb] Compro DVB-T300 remote

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Tue Apr 4 23:40:40 CEST 2006

Hi, Mark

Mark Callaghan wrote:
> I have done a mythdora install, with some problems with the remote on
> the Compro DVB-T300. The card is not registering as an input device, as
> it did with a previous install (earlier kernel, dvb module build from
> cvs). Relevant parts of dmesg (from a cold boot) below. Two items of
> interest:
>
>     input: device saa7134 IR (Compro Videomate DV is statically
> allocated, will not register
>     Please convert to input_allocate_device() or contact
> dtor_core at ameritech.net <mailto:dtor_core at ameritech.net>
>     saa7134[0]: registered input device for IR
> and
>
>     tuner 2-0061: i2c i/o error: rc == -5 (should be 4)
> I don't know if this "tuner 2..." line means anything or not.
>
> Has there been some change in the kernel that saa7134 doesn't know
> about? Is there a possible build problem with mythdora?

I can't tell about the remote control since i don't have such a card,
only a similar one without remote.
The message concerning the tuner can occur if a tv application tries
to access the tuner while the card is in DVB-T mode. This can not work,
there is only one tuner for both modes.

Best regards
    Hartmut