[linux-dvb] Compro DVB-T300 remote

James Lawrence james.lawrence at pobox.com
Wed Apr 5 01:08:27 CEST 2006

Hi Mark & Hartmut,

Hartmut wrote:
 >Hi, Mark
 >
 >Mark Callaghan wrote:
 >> I have done a mythdora install, with some problems with the
remote on
 >> the Compro DVB-T300. The card is not registering as an input
device, as
 >> it did with a previous install (earlier kernel, dvb module build
from
 >> cvs). Relevant parts of dmesg (from a cold boot) below. Two items of
 >> interest:
 >>
 >>     input: device saa7134 IR (Compro Videomate DV is statically
 >> allocated, will not register
 >>     Please convert to input_allocate_device() or contact
 >> dtor_core at ameritech.net <mailto:dtor_core at ameritech.net>
 >>     saa7134[0]: registered input device for IR
 >> and
 >>
 >>     tuner 2-0061: i2c i/o error: rc == -5 (should be 4)
 >> I don't know if this "tuner 2..." line means anything or not.
 >>
 >> Has there been some change in the kernel that saa7134 doesn't know
 >> about? Is there a possible build problem with mythdora?
 >>
 >I can't tell about the remote control since i don't have such a card,
 >only a similar one without remote.
 >The message concerning the tuner can occur if a tv application tries
 >to access the tuner while the card is in DVB-T mode. This can not
work,
 >there is only one tuner for both modes.
 >
 >Best regards
 >    Hartmut

I have seen a very similar dmesg error message that Mark has seen:
tuner 2-0061: i2c i/o error: rc == -5 (should be 4)
but only ever with the second of my two cards. It does not happen
consistently and has not happened in my most recent boot, so I can't
confirm that it is identical. I am confident about the "i2c i/o
error: rc == -5 (should be 4)" bit but not about the "tuner 2-0061:"
bit.

Mark, have you ever seen a problem with your remote control like the
I described in this post: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/
2006-March/008705.html

Regards,
James.