[linux-dvb] More on the cx24123

Garnet MacPhee garnet at signalpeak.net
Fri Apr 7 22:45:19 CEST 2006

I just found, downloaded and installed a small app, xdpio, that will issue DiSEqC positioning
commands, either by command or from a simple X gui. It requires Xforms to compile. This works quite
well, and I am able to get it to move the dish.

I have been using kaffeine as a dvb app, it however doesn't know how to do disk positioning
commands, it just is able to switch amoung up to 4 lnb's. It does have a channel scanning
capability, and I am getting some very good signal quality levels on some channels, 96-98%, with 99%
S/N. However, none of these channels will "lock", so I am still not able to view them.

I applied the latest patch from Yeasah Pell that he sent today, on top of kernel 2.6.17-rc1.

I KNOW I am very close to getting a watchable picture, excitement building, but I'm not quite there yet.

Finding channels.conf data for North American Satellites has been difficult, here is one I made by
hand for AMC3 using data from LyngSat. Some channels were listed without sr or fec data. Hope it
saves someone some time.

# AMC 3 @ 87.0W
# freq pol sr fec

S 11716000 H 02449000 7/8