[linux-dvb] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Changes at v4l-dvb building process

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at infradead.org
Sat Apr 8 04:34:31 CEST 2006

Two updates:

> just make will run allmodconfig before make all.
In fact, to compile all drivers:
	make all
To compile a subset:
	make xconfig (or config, or qconfig)
	make

For xconfig/config/qconfig work, you need to do:
	make xconfig (or config or qconfig)
at kernel tree first, to generate some scripts at kernel tree
(conf/qconf/qconf).
> We should add to v4l-dvb tree soon all other V4L/DVB supported drivers
> already at kernel, but not present on our tree. Those will be compatible
> only with the latest version for now.
Ok, added to master tree. Only zoran 36120 were leaved outside the tree.
There are 3 drivers that are non-intel architecture dependent ones:

VIDEO_PLANB
VIDEO_VINO
VIDEO_M32R_AR_M64278

Current makefile is not capable of handling architecture-dependent
drivers.

Cheers,
Mauro.