[linux-dvb] More on the cx24123

kumo Tho_one at gmx.de
Sat Apr 8 14:40:01 CEST 2006

(Hm, I hope this mail is being sent correctly, since I lost the original
message I wanted to reply to.)

I just recently bought a new TV Card which was a Hauppauge Nova-s Plus.
To summarize, I now have a 2.6.16 kernel patched with Yeasah Pell's
latest patch. Now the command warnings while using szap are gone, but
somehow it doesn't really work yet. I am using the dvb-apps provided
Astra-19.2E channels.conf and if I try to tune to a channel like "RTL2"
it tries a few times, but then gives up (always: status = 01, signal
about f800, snr = ffdc, ber and unc = 00...00). The strange thing is,
it's always like that, even with the other channels on the same
transponder. But channels like Sat.1 or Pro7 at least get a lock (almost
instantly). But even then if I start szap with -r, if I do a "cat
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > test.ts" with some channels test.ts doesn't
even get filled (Sat.1) and others (Pro7) seem to only save audio (which
I doubt because the data seems very redundant, so I guess the TS is just
broken...). The Hauppauge uses the same frontend, but does the
diseqc-patch only work with the KWorld Card, or am I doing something
very wrong?

(I hope this fits into the topic)
Thanks,
Thorsten