[linux-dvb] Twinhan VP1030A CI/CAM problems and solutions

linuxtv at zacglen.com.au linuxtv at zacglen.com.au
Sun Apr 9 09:18:10 CEST 2006

>linuxtv at zacglen.com.au wrote:
>> There seem to be quite a few problems getting TwinHan VP1030 etc
>> Conditional Access Module working properly.
>>
>> The LinuxTV wiki says they dont work (mostly) and so do various
>> other application writers (eg. mythtv, videolan, etc).
>
>The information on the Wiki is a bit outdated. Both the applications you
>mentioned do have support.

Ahem ... they may have support, but the applications do/did *not* work
properly with my irdeto CAM.

I know this because of the extensive patching that was required to
make them work!

>Somebody should update the info on the Wiki in regards to the relevant
>status.
>
>Regarding MythTV, http://threebit.net/mail-archive/mythtv-dev/msg01711.html

But I don't have any compile problems and I haven't applied a patch
multiple times ... what exactly is the revelance?

I also forgot to mention that several of the linuxtv apps have other problems.
For example, the szap program when running with -r option only
ever delivers audio output via the dvr0 device because it stupidly sets
video and audio pes filters on the same file descriptor!