[linux-dvb] Twinhan VP1030A CI/CAM problems and solutions

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 10:08:53 CEST 2006

linuxtv at zacglen.com.au wrote:

>>> There seem to be quite a few problems getting TwinHan VP1030 etc
>>> Conditional Access Module working properly.
>>>
>>> The LinuxTV wiki says they dont work (mostly) and so do various
>>> other application writers (eg. mythtv, videolan, etc).
>>>
>> The information on the Wiki is a bit outdated. Both the applications you
>> mentioned do have support.
>>

> Ahem ... they may have support, but the applications do/did *not* work
> properly with my irdeto CAM.
>
> I know this because of the extensive patching that was required to
> make them work!

It does work for me, many people are using it successfully. FYI, I am
using an Irdeto module
For others too it seems to work okay with other applications too as well
as ca_zap. Search for a thread like this..

[linux-dvb] Re: High level CI support in MythTV

Regarding Videolan, the relevant person who added support may comment.

>> Somebody should update the info on the Wiki in regards to the relevant
>> status.
>>
>> Regarding MythTV, http://threebit.net/mail-archive/mythtv-dev/msg01711.html
>>

> But I don't have any compile problems and I haven't applied a patch
> multiple times ... what exactly is the revelance?

[..]

Explained above

Manu