[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite frontend driver issue

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Mon Apr 10 18:50:05 CEST 2006

Martin Petrovsky wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I noticed there is a zl10353 module which the cx88_dvb module uses. So
> does this mean that the cx88-dvb module should be recognising my card?
>
> Maybe the manufacturer has changed the demodulator on the Lite card?
>
> Incidentally a friend of mine has brought the same card (well the
> packaging is the same) but it has the Zarlink MT352 DVB-T demodulator
> on it and it all works.
No.

The dvb-bt8xx driver is the one that is meant for your card.
Unfortunately, you have a newer version of this board, not yet supported
by the linux drivers.  The current dvb-bt8xx driver only supports the
FusionHDTV Lite based on the mt352, and the FusionHDTV5 Lite, based on
lgdt3303 -- The driver needs to be updated in order to support your card
with the zl10353.

The change that would be required should be a relatively minor one.
I'll put together a patch for you to test...  If it works correctly,
then I can add it to the official sources for you.

I'll email again when I have the patch ready for testing.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky