[linux-dvb] RFC: Multiple TS recordings

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Tue Apr 11 13:20:02 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> >Funny that no one seems to be interested in this. Maybe
> >PVRs are already out of fashion ;-/
>
> Well, VDR can record multiple programmes from the same
> transponder, if that's what the OP meant. But it does this
> by simply requesting all the necessary PIDs and putting the
> TS packets together itself.

The proposal might make the task easier, and as I understand
it, is entierely optional so VDR wouldn't have to use the
new mechanism.

The interesting questions:
- would the subtle API change wrt pes_type and DMX_OUT_TAP
  break something in VDR or other apps?
  (I guess VDR doesn't use DMX_OUT_TAP at all)
- is there anyone besides Felix who would like to have this
  new API extension?
- does anyone see any problems with it?

Thanks,
Johannes