[linux-dvb] RFC: Multiple TS recordings

Andreas Oberritter obi at linuxtv.org
Tue Apr 11 15:21:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Funny that no one seems to be interested in this.

I am interested. I didn't answer yet because I talked to Felix about it
before.

> That is not entirely true. If you want teletext packets for
> decoding *and* send them out via VBI within the driver at
> the same time, you'd use DMX_OUT_TAP with DMX_PES_TELETEXT0.
> At least that's how interpreted the API, but maybe it was
> just a hack...

My understanding is that your case would require the application to set
up two separate filters on different file descriptors, i.e. one with
DMX_OUT_DECODER+DMX_PES_TELETEXT0 and one with
DMX_PES_OTHER+DMX_OUT_TAP. Otherwise you can't stop your recording
without stopping VBI.

But I know that what you describe is how the av7110 driver behaves. In
my opinion it is a bug.

> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006, Felix Domke wrote:
>> +#define DMX_ADD_PID              _IO('o', 51)
>> +#define DMX_REMOVE_PID           _IO('o', 52)

I think _IO('o', 5x) should be replaced with _IOW('o', 5x, __u16).

Best regards,
Andreas