[linux-dvb] Re: cx88_blackbird loading on boot, how do I stop this?

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Tue Apr 11 17:21:30 CEST 2006

I've had a similar thing actually.

I needed to upgrade the IR drivers that Darren Salt provided (which ended up being a LONG winded thing, as I was still running CVS snapshots, had to learn how HG worked etc etc).  Up shot is, the hg driver available at the time deleted a whole bunch of my compiled kernel modules, including via_drm, via_unichrome, cx88-dvb etc etc.

I still couldn't get the hg version to work, so reverted to an old CVS snapshot from 20/07/2005.  Now cx88-dvb doesn't load, but cx88-blackbird does - and it seems to work just fine.

What does your 'lsmod' look like?