[linux-dvb] No "install" target in v4l/Makefile

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Apr 15 11:13:47 CEST 2006

The current "mercurial" v4l driver contains in its
top level Makefile

install:
         $(MAKE) -C $(BUILD_DIR) install

but in its v4l/Makefile (that where $(BUILD_DIR) points to)
there is no "install" target. The only thing there is

old-install:: rminstall
         @echo -e "\nInstalling new V4L modules at $(DEST)..."

Am I missing something?

The reason why I'm asking is because I would like to remove
determining where the DVB driver header files are from VDR's
Makefile. The header files should be at their standard location,
which is /usr/include/linux/dvb. However, it doesn't look like
the v4l Makefile would copy them there. Could this please be
fixed, so that I could simply write in the VDR documentation
"Install the DVB driver as usual, i.e. 'make; make install'"?

Klaus