[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB - USB Frontend0 Problem

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Tue Apr 25 21:38:11 CEST 2006

rwo at arach.net.au wrote:
> Hi All,

rwo -

Could you send us the complete dmesg log, including the portion where
the firmware is actually loaded?

You say that you are using 2.6.16.1, but the log below makes it seem to
me as if you are in fact using the newer version of the driver from
mercurial.

You see, in the 2.6.16 version of the driver, all bluebird devices will
show a -110 error.  This error is negligible, as it actually doesnt
cause any harm to the device's functionality... The point is, the error
is missing, and this makes me think you are not running the older
version of the driver in 2.6.16.  Either that, or there is something
above this in your dmesg log that you aren't showing us.
> kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in warm state.
> kernel: dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> kernel: DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB).
> kernel: dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB'
> kernel: input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input3
> kernel: dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
> kernel: dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB successfully initialized and
> connected.
> kernel: usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_cxusb
>
> The problem is that "no frontend was attached by 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual
> USB'" line.

Quite interesting...  If I were to take a wild guess, I would assume
that the mt352 demod in the usb portion of the device has been replaced
by a zl10353 ...  Chris, do you know anything about this?
> Loaded modules for the USB part are:
>
> dvb_usb_cxusb          14212  0
> dvb_usb                13512  1 dvb_usb_cxusb
> dvb_core               59456  1 dvb_usb
> mt352                   4868  1 dvb_usb_cxusb
> lgdt330x                6300  1 dvb_usb_cxusb
> cx22702                 4740  1 dvb_usb_cxusb
> dvb_pll                 9860  3 dvb_usb_cxusb,dvb_usb,cx22702
>

> I am currently trying to get this working with the drivers in the 2.6.16.1
> kernel. I'm a bit of a noob (to be honest a lot of a noob) when it comes to
> linux, so i'd appreciate any information that anyone can give me to assist in
> solving this problem.
>
> If there is any thing else I should provide to make diagnosing this problem
> easier, feel free to let me know.
>
> Any responses and help greatly appreciated!
Attached is a patch that you can test.  This might fix the problem for
you.  If your device works after applying this, then please let me know,
and I'll have it merged into the main tree.

Unfortunately, this patch will not apply against a vanilla kernel, due
to the dvb tuner refactoring that just got merged into master.

You should not use the master branch right now with your cxusb-bluebird
device, since a bunch of dvb-usb modules are broken right now in the
master tree.

Andrew de Quincy has already fixed that problem in his ~quincy/v4l-dvb tree.

So, you'll have to clone Andrew's tree and apply this patch against it.
(unless his tree got merged by the time you receive this message)

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~quincy/v4l-dvb

Things should work for you if you use this tree + the attached patch for
your testing.  Please let me know how it turns out.

...and I should mention, this is just a guess -- you could be
experiencing an entirely unrelated issue.  This is, however, worth a try.

I hope this helps,

--
Michael Krufky