[linux-dvb] User compile of Hg version broken

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at infradead.org
Tue Apr 25 23:26:47 CEST 2006

Trent,

Em Seg, 2006-04-24 às 16:34 -0700, Trent Piepho escreveu:
> After this patch I can no longer compile the Hg version of v4l-dvb without
> root access.
>
> changeset:   3844:4d008d32fdcb
> user:        Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab at infradead.org>
> date:        Sat Apr 22 09:42:38 2006 -0300
> summary:     Adds capability to build conf/mconf/qconf/lxdialog at kernel tree
This patch is required, since make *config requires
conf/mconf/gconf/lxdialog to be at the linux tree, for those to work. To
avoid root access, you may just change the owner of the linux sources.

Anyway, I've included an improvement to the build proccess, to avoid
needing of conf for allyesconfig/allmodconfig. This way, if you just do:
	make
or
	make all
won't require write access to the linux dir.

But, for:
	make menuconfig
	make xconfig
	make gconfig

it will call kernel's makefile to generate the required exec files at
the kernel dirs. So, it may require write access to kernel source dir.

Cheers,
Mauro.