[linux-dvb] idea on how to break the static dependencies on demodulator modules

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Wed Apr 26 23:38:36 CEST 2006

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> Hi, a tree with these changes is now available at:
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~quincy/v4l-dvb-attach
>
> This has had the various feedbacks from various people applied - let me know
> what you think.

-  you have five changesets, however it is really just one
   lump of code as the changes are not logically seperate,
   and additionally in the wrong order.

   If Mauro would forward these as-is to
   Linus it would break bisecting for some people :-(
   The kernel must compile (and should work) after each
   changeset applied.

-  adding symbol_put() to the _release() functions means
   the drivers cannot be used without dvb_attach() anymore
   (not a problem for me, but I just wanted to mention it)

- fe->ops->write() should be called fe->ops->pll_write(), no?

- please never ever write
     if (foo) bar;
  always use
     if (foo)