[linux-dvb] idea on how to break the static dependencies on demodulator modules

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Thu Apr 27 00:46:43 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 23:42, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > I just need to figure out a nice way to solve the problem Johannes raised
> > about the symbol_puts now.
>
> Maybe complement dvb_attach() with dvb_detach()?

Yeah, I was originally thinking that, but it makes the release() methods not
as nice - right now you can just deregister the frontend and everything is
tidied up for you. The only way I can think to do it and maintain this would
be to pass something into attach(), but again thats a bit nasty.

> Or ignore the issue for now, lets see if it is really
> a problem for someone.

yeah - prolly the best for the moment really.