[linux-dvb] "2033 Mantis" Twinhan Cab-CI?

bbee bumble.bee at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 27 23:56:48 CEST 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Manu Abraham wrote:
>>  This there already some code available for this card?
>
> There is, but it is too early to be put to testing.
>
>>  I'm eager to test/debug this...
>
> Don't go for wild imaginations, you might become bald too fast (as someone
> else said earlier) :-)
> It needs some more work, before it can be used for proper testing. It's a bit
> too early.

Well, this sucks. I can't find a vendor with the old card in stock, and the
official importer told me they're not getting the old card anymore.

And Windows doesn't support H.264 streams with this card. So even selling
my soul to Redmond won't help. A different card would cost too much due to
the seperate CI module. Meanwhile, Twinhan claims Linux support..

If Holland ends up winning, I'm adding Twinhan to my foe list :)
Manu! Code faster, I'll pay for ointments to deal with the extra hair loss
:)

bbee