[linux-dvb] Accessing /dev/input/eventX with Lirc to onboard IR (Nexus)

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Fri Apr 28 21:39:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have been struggling with getting this Nexus-S remote control to work with
LIRC.  I am using a 2.6.16.11 kernel and lirc-0.8.0. My Nexus appears to be on
event3, so I have tried the following line:

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="DVB on-card IR receiver"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input3
H: Handlers=kbd event3
B: EV=100003
B: KEY=1 ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff fffffffe

The following command seems to not do anything to generate a config file:

irrecord -H dev/input -d /dev/input/event3 /tmp/my-remote

Does anyone have a suggestion?  What modules am I trying to use? Are there any
special things that have to be done?  Anything would be appreciated..

Best Regards.