[linux-dvb] "2033 Mantis" Twinhan Cab-CI?

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 22:48:12 CEST 2006

Martin Barnasconi wrote:
> On Thursday 27 April 2006 23:32, you wrote:
>
>> Martin Barnasconi wrote:

>>> This there already some code available for this card?
>>>

>> There is, but it is too early to be put to testing.
>>

> Could you add it to the repository?
> At least I can have a look at the code yet.

Well, it's not a problem with the code, but some device specifics. Don't
rush on a chip like this.. will land you in a lot of frustration. I need
to sort out a little bit more on it. I don't want you to jump into this
straight away, since you will start cursing everybody. There is no doubt
about it.

>>> I'm eager to test/debug this...
>>>
>> Don't go for wild imaginations, you might become bald too fast (as
>> someone else said earlier) :-)
>> It needs some more work, before it can be used for proper testing. It's
>> a bit too early.
>>

> I followed your development in the lkml, so I know the status of the driver.
> Did anything happen since october 2005?

Rewrote the driver, i think one more time i think after that. maybe
twice i think.
Well, i had to even follow with the guy who designed the chip, because
of "no" documentation. Still there are sharp edges. needs to be fixed.

Manu