[linux-dvb] Looking for ts2ps on Debian Linux

Klaus Frahm frahm at irsamc.ups-tlse.fr
Wed Aug 2 21:35:29 CEST 2006

On  2 Aug, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does anyone know what happened to the package misc/dvb-mpegtools on
> Debian? I am looking for the ts2ps command. It was available in the
> oldstable distribution of Debian, but obviously was removed.
>
> Is there any replacement I should use instead?

I am personnally using VLC ( http://www.videlon.org/vlc/ ) to record
from my dvb-tuner directly to mpeg-ps and VLC is also able to transform
an TS-file to PS but this PS is not yet compatible for DVD-burning
(wrong encapsulation).

You may look here

http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/

for a source package of dvb-mpegtools which you may compile and install
(outside a Debian package). There is also the small program replex which
is also able remultiplex an MPEG2 TS into a PS for DVD. Maybe that is
the good choice for you. It seems very easy to compile without need for
other libraries.

Greetings, Klaus.