[linux-dvb] Fix for DST

Raido raidoz at hot.ee
Fri Aug 4 19:40:13 CEST 2006

Ok, so I got a Debian .config for 2.6.17 series kernel and tried to make
as little changes to it as possible. Left the DVB drivers in there and
now it actually tunes, but ... something is wrong.
In dmesg I can see:
dst_get_device_id: Recognise [DCT-CI]
DST type flags : 0x1 newtuner 0x2 ts204 0x8 firmware version = 1 0x10
firmware version = 2

I believe this ts204 business isn't correct, but I'm not sure anymore.
The drivers that do work, had the DST_TYPE_HAS_TS204 removed(found this
hint from a post in the list), because otherwise the tuning was crazy at
best(most of the time it doesn't recognize channel names, but sometimes
it does) and the data that came from the card was unrecognizable to all
the players I tried. Now from what I can tell, the hg-drivers detect my
card with TS188(I don't even know what this is and the driver source is
different from the ones I modified) and I suppose that removing the
TS204 from the older ones meant that it had to use 188, but... anyways
the current hg-drivers don't work at all.
And now the drivers that came with 2.6.7.17 behave pretty much like the
working drivers before they were modified - they sometimes tune and the
stream is always garbage.

What CAM are you using? Do dvbstream or zap/czap need some extra
arguments to use a CAM(my being stupid here doesn't change the fact that
the same method with one drivers results in success with free channels
and doesn't with other drivers)?

Is it possible that I have some rare revision of the card?