[linux-dvb] AverMedia AverTV Hybrid+FM PCI (saa7134)

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Wed Aug 9 22:46:00 CEST 2006

Hi.

Pierpaolo Paolucci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>
>> Looks like we need to make the MT352 a "tuner" and program the actual
>> one through it.
>
> Can't we adapt same code from SAA7134_BOARD_PHILIPS_EUROPA ?
> Here the comment present in subroutine saa7134_board_init2 in
> saa7134-cards.c:
>
> The Philips EUROPA based hybrid boards have the tuner connected through
> the channel decoder.
> We have to make it transparent to find it.
>
> Perhaps AverMedia did similar arrangement with different gpio addresses
> or "tricks" ?

THis board uses a different channel decoder. Unfortunately, we can't copy
this mechanism directly.

>> If its me who has to do it, can we please come to this later? I have
>> to solve some other issues first.
>

> I lack completely the "big pictures" and my knowledge of the sources is
> very near to zero, then if you can point out where put the hands, I can
> try to do something.
> Otherwise, if there is to write from scratch many lines of code, I am
> not a C progammer and I am unable to do it.
>
> For now I tried to add following lines (copied from Europa card) in
> saa7134_board_init2 without obtaining any different results:
>
>     case SAA7134_BOARD_AVERMEDIA_HYBRID_FM_PCI:
>         {
>         struct tuner_setup tun_setup;
>
>         u8 data[] = { 0x07, 0x02};
>         struct i2c_msg msg = {.addr=0x08, .flags=0, .buf=data, .len =
> sizeof(data)};
>         i2c_transfer(&dev->i2c_adap, &msg, 1);
>
>         tun_setup.mode_mask = T_RADIO | T_ANALOG_TV | T_DIGITAL_TV;
>         tun_setup.type = dev->tuner_type;
>         //tun_setup.addr = dev->tuner_addr;
>         tun_setup.addr = ADDR_UNSET;
>
>         saa7134_i2c_call_clients (dev, TUNER_SET_TYPE_ADDR, &tun_setup);
>         }
>
>         break;
>
> Another thing, I received this email from Martin Ottmár that is'nt in
> linux-dvb Archives <http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/>.:
>
>>Hello.
>>I have this TV card, too and sometimes, I'm reading mail listings on v4l.
>>I'd like to do two notices:
>>1. The red diode on the board lights under Windows only in DVB mode. In analog
>>mode it don't.
>>2. As You know, the analog mode works under linux partially (e.g. modprobe
>>saa7134 card=69 - after modprobing tda9887 will the red diode lights, so
>>there is some problem),  You can only see and hear previously tuned under
>>Windows.
>>But DVB works well with modprobe saa7134 card=85 (AverTV DVB-T 777).
>>I'm catching some DVB-T broadcast, so I forgot for analog soon, but it will be
>>fine, to have a full working TV card in linux. :-)
>>
>>I wish You good luck, keep on the good work! :-)
>>
>>   Martin Ottmar
>>

> I espected the module tda9887 were loaded by saa7134, but is'nt so.

The module tda9887 no longer exists, it has been merged with tuner.
But regarding the diodes: This is why i asked you to do the experiments
with the tda9887 port setting. I hoped that this controls some transmission
gates. BTW: did you try to reload the modules ans i asked you?

Best regards
    Hartmut