[linux-dvb] Twinhan DVB Cab/CI (2031) problems

Zoilo Gomez zoilo at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 11 04:52:00 CEST 2006

I still have some weird problems with the Twinhan Cab/CI (2031).

In the mean time I have upgraded to kernel 2.6.17.8.

1) When I compile the included 2.5.17.8 drivers (no hg) then the
following happens:
=> dvbscan works fine, returning tuning status=0x1f and dumping PMT tables
=> gxine displays garbage (green / purple squares etc)
=> vlc dumps lots of TS discontinuities

2) When I compile latest hg and install, the following happens:
=> dvbscan is no longer working, returning tuning status=0x00 and not
dumping any PMT tables
=> gxine and vlc more or less work, i.e. if you select the same freq
several times (maybe 5 times or so); however the signal is not stable
with CI, where vlc dumps a couple of dozen 'invalid header
[0x30:d2:c5:7c] (pid: 2001) lines every few minutes and lock seems lost.

After some browsing in the archives (sept 2005), and comparing source
code for both versions, I found that removal of DST_TYPE_HAS_TS204 from
dst_tlist[] seems to more or less fix 1):
=> dvbscan is working fine
=> vlc working too (!), but unfortunately not always: usually when I
change freq, vlc gets stuck after dumping some initial  'TS
discontinuities' .... If I stop vlc at this point and restart the same
command once more (ie. with same freq) it works immediately. If I change
freq+pid, the same problem repeats: first time it is wrong, but second
time it works.

So it looks like there is one small tuning problem left.

Any suggestions what is going on here? I do not understand very well
what is happening. How can I debug it? What do the macro's
DST_TYPE_HAS_FW_2 etc mean?

Thank you and best regards,

Z.