[linux-dvb] Re: [v4l-dvb-maintainer] VBI OOPS 2.6.17.8

thomas schorpp t.schorpp at gmx.de
Tue Aug 15 08:43:53 CEST 2006

hello,

Michael Hunold wrote:
> Hello Philipp,
>
> I trimmed LKML from the CC list.
>
> on 14.08.2006 11:37 Philipp Matthias Hahn said the following:
>
>>Starting "kdetv" by accident on my Siemens DVB-C 1.x produced the
>>following OOPS, because kdetv did open "/dev/vbi0". The OOPS is
>>100% reproduceable.

this is a known issue with the analogtuner part of siemens dvb-c,
ive stated that in my mail with my patch, the tuner code is buggy
and may oops with tvtime or kdetv, cause of their driver access/capture
behaviour.
but it has worked for months here with xawtv 3.94.

checking further...

>>libzvbi:capture_v4l2k_new: /dev/vbi0 (dvb) is a v4l2 vbi device,
>

> This is about VBI capture on the *analog* parts of a DVB-C card, ie. on
> the analog cable channels that can be viewed through the saa711x on the
> saa7146 input channel b.
>
> What is the current status anyway? Did somebody ever got this to work?

yes, see list archives and attachment.
CVBS imput and tuning is working here fine with xawtv since i created the patch.
the patch was created to be able to use the saa7113 input from the analog card extension board,
i suggested to plug in an old VHS or other as tuner, since the tda9819 analog part of the
siemens card is low analogtv-demodulation quality anyway...

> If not, then the easiest "fix" is to remove V4L2_CAP_VBI_CAPTURE from
> struct saa7146_ext_vv av7110_vv_data_c in av7110_v4l.c

objection, thats no solution so far.