[linux-dvb] DiB3000MC rewritten and MT2060 is ready to go into main

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Wed Aug 16 19:06:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

matthieu castet wrote:

>> castet.matthieu at free.fr wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I didn't try that yet. I wanted first to know your opinion on it.
>>>
>>> I will try it this evening.
>>>
>> No it still doesn't help :(
>> As I don't have a datasheet nor a knowlege of the driver, I don't know
>> what to try.
>>
>> With your mt2060 dongle, don't you see a signal strength loose between
>> old driver (with patched signal strength report) and new driver ?
>>
>> Can't you attenuate your reception quality in order to check if you
>> see the same behaviour ?
>>

> I found a bug in the mt2060, the VGAG wasn't set to a correct level.
>
> Now I get the signal level from the old driver, but there still no
> picture...
>
> The rate of the dvb stream reported by femon (from vdr is very low) :
> 0.5 Mb/s instead of 5 Mb/s.

Any news on that ?

The new driver is broken for me (no picture, no autosearch) while the
old driver was working.

The new driver is now integrated in the hg repo, but it seems a big
regression for configuration like mine (ok there weren't mt2060 support,
but it could have been added without rewriting the driver).
Shouldn't we have to wait a new driver with no regression before merging
it ?

I hope it will be fixed before it hits linus git repo.

Matthieu