[linux-dvb] Question about Frontend performance (TDA10046 + TD1316)

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Fri Aug 18 04:08:16 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, den 18.08.2006, 08:49 +0800 schrieb Chun Chung Lo:
> Thanks to your reply.
>
> The reason I use such old source code for SAA7130/4 is I cannot find any
> newer SAA7130/4 driver for LINUX kernel 2.4.
>
> After I checked the changelog from the CVS server of linuxtv.org, I
> found that SAA7130/4 driver is first ported to LINUX kernel 2.6, and I
> cannot found any clue the driver will backport to LINUX kernel 2.4 ....
>
> But I have tired my driver, since the TS is captured when application
> request, the performance is quite bad, so I consider to reference to
> LINUX kernel 2.6, to create a kernel thread to do such capture, but I
> found that it is difficult for me ...
>
> Anyway, thanks for your help
>
> Best regards,
> Lo Chun Chung

Hi,

you are using dropped v4l2 version 1x code from 2002 ...

No reason to believe we lose much. Sorry, though.

The latest working saa7134 driver on 2.4x is about ;)

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/video4linux login
use empty password
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/video4linux checkout -D "2004-07-28 11:34" video4linux

Short time later there will happen a first compile breakage on
reorganization of the cx88 and introduction of blackbird.
By disabling cx88 and bttv you might come a bit further.

You need Gerd's latest kernel patch, since videodev.c doesn't get
patched with the snapshot for some compat ioctls. I used that one up to
some 2.4.29 rc, but possibly you might come further.

http://dl.bytesex.org/patches

The 2.4.26-1 currently at the end of the list.
The patch-2.4.26-kraxel.gz are the accumulated patches in the right
order. Simplest is to install the snapshot later.

Good Luck,
Hermann