[linux-dvb] PCI-X DVB-S Card - recommendation need

Richard Reuters Lists at reuters-it.com
Tue Aug 22 19:36:51 CEST 2006

> Can anybody recommend me well-supported in Linux DVB-S card for PCI-X slot?

I used a WinTV Nova-S in two different PCI-X machines without problems. This
is a budget card with an "universal" PCI connector which supports 3.3V and 5V
slots, so this card works in PCI-X slots, too.

As a full-featured card I tried a WinTV Nexus-s Rev. 2.3. This revision has an
universal PCI connector, too. But when I load the driver and start VDR, the
machine hangs. Didn't had time to look deeper in this and switched my VDR to
a machnie with 2 64-Bit PCI slots.

ciao
  Richard