[linux-dvb] Mythtv with NEXUS-S only

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sat Aug 26 12:49:39 CEST 2006

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:37:35 +0300
Lauri Tischler <lwgt at iki.fi> wrote:

> I was wondering is it possible to have Mythtv running
> with NEXUS-S FF card only, using it for capture _and_ tv-out
> MythTV site seems to be centered around PVR-card.

I don't believe so - that's what VDR is for. Myth grew up on analogue
reception and playing DivX / NuppelVideo, etc. - the DVB support is
only a more recent addition, but playback still runs through the Myth
core relying on either software decode or the PVR250/350 cards, etc.

A FF card doesn't have the features Myth needs (i.e. being a full 24-bit
framebuffer).

Cheers,
Gavin.