[linux-dvb] STB0899/ST6100 for embedded system

Jason Filos FILOS at de.ibm.com
Tue Aug 29 16:46:38 CEST 2006

Hi List, hi manu in particular,

I am going to start porting the existing DVB-S2 driver for the STB0899
demod and ST6100 to an embedded system, thus no PCI interface, all handled
via FIFO buffers.
However I am a little bit confused on what has been done already, and which
parts I can "copy" 1:1 and what parts I need to modify. Manu, do you have
maybe a little doc explaining the different files you have for the STB0899.
Furthermore in your mercurial I found stb0899_dvbs2 and mp_stb0899, hence
my question: what are these different versions for?
Moreover I need all information I can gather to start porting, i.e. maybe
some help from you guys on what is architecture independent in the driver
and what parts I can omitt since I am not using the PCI bridge (among other
things). I am not a pro in drivers (yet), so additional resources w.r.t.
stb0899 or this type of driver would be great!

Any help kindly appreciated.
-Jason